Forrest Wesley Cummings, born November 18, 1904 in Owosso, Michigan; died January 8, 1999 in Owosso, Michigan. He married Eva Emily Bennett on October 15, 1931 in Owosso, Michigan. Eva was born August 18, 1907 in Owosso, Michigan and died July 24, 2002 in Ingham County Medical Center, Lansing, Michigan.
Forrest graduated from Owosso High School in 1924. He owned and operated a silver fox and mink farm from 1925 to 1970. With his wife, he developed Lake Forrest, Lake Eve, Mirror Lake and Bambi Lake from 1944 to 1970, all on the south side of Garrison Road.
Forrest retired in 1967 as a sub-station operator with Consumers Power after 33 years of service. He was an avid hunter and loved to fish. He was a member of the First Church of Christ; a member of the Conservation Club, and former member of Knights of Pythias. While operating his fox and mink farm, he was a member of the Michigan Fox and Fur Breeder Association and he always carried his United States Citizens Defense Corps of Michigan card with him, which certified that Forrest Cummings was entitled to wear and use the insignia of the Utility Repair Squad of Shiawassee County. Forrest was 5′ 9 3/4″, 172 lbs at the time he registered for the Selective Service and had Grey eyes and brown hair.
Eva Emily Bennett graduated from Owosso High School 1925 and from Owosso Business Institute (Baker Junior College) in 1926. She worked as an Ann Arbor Railroad Clerk until her marriage to Forrest Cummings, October 15, 1931.
She was a charter member of the Job’s Daughter’s – the second organized in Michigan – and received the distinction of Honor Queen in 1925. Eva served as Bennington Township Treasurer for 17 years, on a voluntary basis. Upon her retirement, the township made it a salary position. She did receive a small pension payment for her service (lump sum of around $2000.)
Eva was a member of both Christ Episcopal Church and First Church of Christ of Owosso. Eva enjoyed crocheting, knitting, traveling, and a small amount of gambling at the casino in Mt. Pleasant.